IAVT and ZmP are structuring their research activities in "working fields". Those working fields are geared to the recent research and development needs in fundamental research as well as in industry related applied research. The scope of the working fields also reflects the holistic approach for system integration as an unity of processes an technologies.
The working fields are:
- bio-compatible electronic packaging,
- organic and inorganic substrate technologies,
- assembling technologies for first-level- and second-level interconnects,
- micro- and nano materials for system integration,
- process optimization and quality management,
- develoment of sensors for non-destructive testing and structural health monitoring,
- 3D integration and optical interconnect technologies,
- module reliability and material parameters of interconnect materials,
- characterization and diagnostics in electronic packaging.